Wednesday, August 23, 2006

FLOW 93.5 fires...

In recent Toronto news FLOW 93.5 has decided to discontinue "The Morning Rush" featuring Jemini and Mark Strong. Now I can't 100% back the Validity of this letter but this is what I received ya'll (Notice it was NOT me so forgive the spelling and grammar errors):



Flow 93.5 FM has gone nuts and fired / canceled the morning Rush show(Mark Strong and Jemini) and to add to the insanity they (I really meanWayne Williams program director) went as far as canceling the HollywoodSuite (Hollywood Rich) show as well. Am I missing something, is there something that I was unaware of that prompted such a dim-witted move.

The rumor is they (WW and Flow) have hired the morning personality fromZ103 FM to take over the morning show. If this is true, are they nowgoing to change the Urban format to a Top 40? Sounds this way to me, sowhy tune into Flow just tell us to change the dial to Z103 instead.Maybe it's just me, but I'm tired of all the dumb moves / changes the station has been making lately, because it's not the personalities it'sthe rotation (Music selection) that is making the station boring thesedays. I think the change should be the program director as he is the onein charge of the content being heard on the airwaves and not thepersonalities as they would like you to think.

I'm wish we could stillget 93.7 WBLK on our radios as that was entertaining with a great musicselection and not a soap opera like our Urban I mean top 40 station wehave here in Toronto. Please forward this to as many people you canbecause something has to be done before we lose what little Urban radiowe have to the Top 40 content it seems to be heading to. And if this means that we have to boycott the station maybe that is the answer to finally get a proper voice on the airwaves that plays what wewant and not what they feel we should hear.

Signed,

Concerned listener



Now personally I know I will miss Mark and Jem as they made it easier to get my black a** up and get to work everyday. Lemme know what you think!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe they cancelled the morning rush with Mark and Gem! Their the only reason I listen to flow. I'll definitely be boycotting flow maybe if enough people do the same FLOW will learn their lesson!!!

Anonymous said...

I am stunned at they fired Mark & Jem....Rich can go, I won't really miss him.....and what is up with the new station voice??? Flow 93.5...Hits That Move You....? Methinks they're getting ready to flip formats......if they fire Starting From Scratch I will NEVER listen to Flow again.

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! I went to nyc for awhile and when I came back, Mark and Jem were gone. I thought they only had those two bland people to fill in for them while they were on vacation or something. And they hired Melanie from Z1035? wtf...

Lil Pie
www.dunnypop.com

Anonymous said...

I've already stopped listening except for the 5pm & 7pm when Scratch does his thing. Scratch used to have the 12pm to 1pm slot too but now "they've" messed that up as well. Some other hack has it now. Flow sounds like top 40 to me and bores me the hell out of me. I'm done with them. I don't know what really happened but Flow sucks now!

Anonymous said...

give it a rest everyone. And give this a chance. Life is about change. Mark & Gem can't be on air forever. They most likely are on to bigger and better things. Be happy that your favorite radio personalities are growing, and give the newbies a chance.

Anonymous said...

The hits that move you? I want my hip-hop and R&B back.
Lord, I thought these newbies were covering a vacay or something. I'm not digging the new morning show, however I do hope that Mark and Jem have indeed gone on to bigger and better things.

Anonymous said...

i'm soooooooooo UPSET that mark&gem are gone! they got me through my mornings.. and i would literally laugh my a*ss of in my car while stuck in traffic because they were just funfcukintastic! i already miss them! FLOWs just fcuked! they just had to do this when school started! if anybody knows where mark and jem had gone to POST IT UP=)

Anonymous said...

i'm not black,.. i'm not urban,.. just stating these things only 'cause to make the point that i'm not typical target audience for flow. but i did enjoy mark & jem. eventhough i enjoyed the music too now i can't even listen to it. the only reason i've come to this blog is i googled what happened to mark and jem. i don't have to boycott the station 'cause it sucks. the personalities on there now are so contrived and boring. does anyone know where mark and jem are now? 93.5 had something different and i think they blew it.

Anonymous said...

me an ma mom were wondering where they went...like we honestly only listened to that station for those 2....like tha music that they play is WACK!!!...BUT MARK AN GEM....MAKES US LAUGH LIKE CRAZY...yooooooo...like i'm soo maad like....ANYWAYZZ I DON LISTEN TO THEM ANYMORE....NO POINT!!!