Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Crazy ass New York...

Here is an excerpt from a recent interview with Karu Daniels, otherwise known as "New York" Enjoy...

So are you from Rochester or Syracuse?
You know what baby? Actually I’m from upstate New York, New Hartford New York. So that’s even farther up there. It’s past Buffalo, it’s cold, it’s just a weary little city.

And now you’re putting Upstate New York on the map.
You know what baby? Yes. I’m definitely putting Upstate New York on the map and I’m happy to do it.

You’ve been described as the “Grand Diva of Arbitrary Emotions.”
What? Are you serious?

Well that’s what it says on VH1.
Well you know what baby, I really don’t go on the ‘net that much because I don’t have that much time to do stuff like that. But if that is out there for me, you know I’ll take it. I’ll be that. I’m that then. Okay.

It’s all about the internet.
It truly is. I should be ashamed of myself but I’m not. I don’t really get online as much as I should but that’s a great title to hold.

What do you in your pastime?
In my spare time, I’m basically giving a lot of attention to my nails and my skin. I’m a real huge skin person. I’m constantly washing my face making sure it’s clear and clean and making sure my nails are clean. I’m just a big skin and nails person. I hope that doesn’t sound too weird but that’s what I do in my spare time — making sure that everything is on the up and up.

You save that for ‘Essence’ magazine.
What? (laughing loudly)

No comments: